Welcome to Learn Docker’s documentation!
My name is Ákos Takács and I really like working with Docker containers and containers in general. I decided to share my experience so I created this page to help you through your journey in learning Docker and related tools and concepts. I am a moderator on forums.docker.com, I’m on YouTube (@itsziget (Hungarian), @akos.takacs (English)), and you can follow me on Twitter
In this project I share explanations, examples and scripts. The examples were originally made for the participants of the Ipszilon Seminar in 2017 in Hungary. The virtual machines were created in the Cloud For Education system. Since then I added more contents and I will continue to do so.
Before you start working with the example projects, read Getting started.
- Getting started
- Start a simple web server with mounted document root
- Build yur own web server image and copy the document root into the image
- Create your own PHP application with built-in PHP web server
- Create a simple Docker Compose project
- Communication of PHP and Apache HTTPD web server with the help of Docker Compose
- Run multiple Docker Compose projects on the same port using nginx-proxy
- Protect your web server with HTTP authentication
- Memory limit test in a Bash container
- CPU limit test
- Learn what EXPOSE is and when it matters